Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pure Joy

Zoe is good at making faces that show "pure joy" ... she's also good at the reverse of that, too - but that topic's for another post on another day.  :)

Today, was a good day for "pure joy." ... I got great news about my sister.  Many of you have prayed for her healing (ovarian cancer) and she found out today that her latest chemo is working.  Her abdominal tumors are disappearing and her liver tumors are dying.  She has one tumor in the left lobe of her liver that will need "Cyber Knife" radiation soon ... but, other than that one tumor, her body is responding well to treatment.

After seeing Zoe's very happy face today, I was reminded of Jesus' words in Mark 10:14-15.  "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."  I would guess that Jesus loved the joyful smiles of children very much.

We had a busy day today ... cleaning house, golf and swim lessons, lunch and an afternoon visit with some friends.  Tonight, BJ had a guitar lesson and, of course, there were a few games of flashlight tag (for the older kids) and time to catch lightening bugs (for the younger ones).  What's on the agenda for tomorrow?  More of the same!  :)

No comments: