I've started Book Three of the Narnia series after being completely immersed in "all things Narnia" so far this summer. I read the first two books ... we rented and watched the first movie about five or six times ... and we went to the movie theatre to see the Prince Caspian movie. I took all three boys (Zoe stayed home with a sitter) and they sat quietly and watched the entire 2 1/2 hour movie.BJ has yet to start the Narnia series ... He's finishing up Book Five of Harry Potter and, though he's on page three hundred and something, he still has quite a way to go. I'm hoping he'll start Book One soon so we can read them together.
I'm looking for a good (much easier) series to read with Hank but haven't picked one out yet. Maybe I'll start the Magic School Bus series with him ... And, I'm looking forward to Zoe reading one day so I can re-read my most favorite childhood book with her - Anne of Green Gables.
This is my first summer to have a child that loves reading as much as I did ... and now, I can share my love of reading with him. Up until now, reading hasn't been anyone's favorite activity in our house - except for me. I'm hoping that all my other children learn to love reading as well. Bain has gotten to share sports with them ... but now, I'm loving the chance to start sharing reading. :)
1 comment:
Is Hank ready to read beginning chapter books? If so, I would suggest the Magic Treehouse series. I used to read them aloud to my students and we all really enjoyed them.
Post a Comment