
I'm cleaning out my photo drawer today ... scanning and organizing all my old photos. (I don't know what got into me to start this project ... but it's kind of fun.)
Anyway, I scanned my dad's high school graduation photo and was laughing that he might have been a little ahead of his time ... The Harry Potter of 1930.
What a year to graduate from high school, don't you think? ... just a year after the Great Depression hit. Soon after his high school graduation, my grandfather died and my dad found himself in charge of the household including a house full of young children and teen-agers. He started preaching at small town Baptist churches in Texas to support the family and he picked cotton on the side for extra money. Eventually, he went to college at Baylor in his late 20s. After college, he enlisted as a chapline in the army during WWII. Quite a lot of living before he was even 30 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment