Sunday, June 01, 2008

Our Backyard Playground





Our summer backyard playground just doesn't seem complete without an inflatable water slide.  For the past two summers, we've had one ... at least for a few weeks.  

The first one we bought only lasted for about three weeks in June of that summer.  We'd never had anything like this toy before and our kids - along with several of the neighborhood kids - were super rough on it and the seams split almost immediately.  

The next one lasted longer ... the full summer.  I learned to be the "water slide policewoman" and make them behave a little better.  I thought we had really gotten lucky when we set it back up this year and it popped right up.  Unfortunately, it lost it's "lift" once the kids started climbing it to slide.  There were too many tiny pinholes around the seams ... and too much dry rot from storage.

This year, we bought a really nice one and bought a warranty for two years.  Supposedly, they will replace it next summer if it doesn't inflate and work properly.  So ... here's hoping that next summer, buying a new water slide won't be on our "to do" list.  :)

So far, the kids are enjoying it.  When all the neighborhood kids come over, I still have to play the role of "water slide policewoman" but most of the time, just our kids are on it and having fun playing together.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That slide is awesome! I've noticed they seem to be available everywhere now and I wondered if they were quality or not when you pay a few houndred for them. I'd love to know where you found this one with the warranty. My girls love slinding into the pool, just not sure if Mei Lin's old enough. Is Zoe able to get up by herself?
Hope we get to see you all sometime soon.
Cindy

kirsten said...

this makes me miss our slide...but i can't see rob breaking the "budget" this summer....booo.

well, maybe i'll use this as an excuse to come hang out now that things are slllooowwwing down (can i hear an amen!)