We've had a few lazy days recently. We are just hanging out at home ... playing in the yard ... riding bikes.
Hank got a LEGO Pirates of the Carribean ship for Christmas. Since the Christmas season was so crazy with toys and because the LEGO ship had so many tiny parts, I hid it for awhile. We got it out and built it on Monday.
Tuesday, I got a picture of Hank drinking his hot chocolate (warm chocolate, actually) with a very long straw that he created. He's quite the inventor! :)
I've been a little distracted this week with phone calls and interviews ... trying to find a good teaching position for myself for the fall. I'm happy to say that I do have a a couple of offers already ... one from a middle school in our county that I'm considering ... 8th grade. I'm trying to imagine what 8th graders would think of me ... and remembering my 8th grade teachers.
Honestly, I can't remember much about 8th grade ... but what I do remember isn't very pleasant ... totally out of style "gym suits" that didn't look good on anyone ... watching a film explaining a woman's body ... trying out for the school musical and forgetting the song ... you get the picture ... an awkward year, for sure. Maybe this would be my chance to re-live the 8th grade in a more pleasant way! :)
1 comment:
hey! even from atlanta i can still check in on you. we STILL haven't talked about your interview. can i be your teacher's assistant so we can finally hang out?!
p.s. in 8th grade i was a cheerleader....you can stop laughing now.
Post a Comment