






Today was really a great beach day. We spent time at the beach ... digging, of course.Zoe & I went in search of Starbucks - following a map from the Internet - and we discovered huge upscale outdoor mall (Williams Sonoma, Barnes & Noble, PotteryBarn, etc.) that just opened a few months ago and located just a mile or two from our hotel. There was a really nice grocery there ... Piggly Wiggly. I hadn't been to "The Pig" since the Piggly Wiggly closed in Brentwood ... LONG time ago.
The boys went to putt putt with Bain while Zoe and I went and walked the Boardwalk ... which is now a concrete sidewalk. Zoe brought along her chop stick (see first photo) to use for a magic wand. She would point it at people and tell them "Ex-spell-e-om-us" in true Harry Potter style. Fortunately, everyone thought it was cute and funny.
After putt putt, we came home for Zoe's nap. She never slept but Jackson tapped out for several hours. I finished my book ... and started on Book Five of the Narnia series.
After nap ... more beach time ... digging holes and watching the waves fill them up. Then, we were off to the preppy outdoor mall for dinner at the brewery restaurant (I'm sure you're surprised we picked that restaurant). Note the toddler appetizer that Zoe is eating ... a squirt of ketchup and a squirt of mustard ... yum ... well, it is "yum" if you're two years old. :)
After dinner, it was back to the Boardwalk for arcade time and fireworks. Now ... we're trying to get the kids to sleep ... so far, no luck. Maybe by midnight ... I want to scream!!! uggh!!
Tomorrow, Bain's sister and niece will be here ... should be fun to see them. They haven't met Zoe yet ... so she'll get to meet some new family.
I included one picture of our kiddos on the elevator ... They fight over who gets to press the buttons. Zoe can't say "button" so she just says "butt" ... as in "I want push butt!" And, I have to say that she has learned to push butt very well. :)
4 comments:
You southerners and "putt putt"! We call it mini golf. :-)
the whole week looks like a well deserved GREAT trip...now, when can we plan a girls only trip to the beach!!!
:)
Sounds like you are having a great time!! I've had fun watching your trip! We call it mini golf, too, eileen :-)
Wow, it looks like you guys are having a fantastic vacation! Lucky you!
Great pictures too!
Post a Comment