Monday, July 07, 2008

Deer Sighting


This morning, I woke up with a fuzzy memory about a deer that ran inside a house ... maybe a neighbor's house where we (myself and kids) had agreed to pet-sit.  The details are fuzzy ... but probably come from a conversation yesterday about a bobcat that lives in our friends' Arizona neighborhood.

In the dream, I remember the deer demolishing this nice house that we were supposed to be taking care of ... after my kids left the front door open while we fed their pet.  So, if you were planning to ask our family to pet-sit at any point in the future, you might want to reconsider.  :)

Our friends, Kathy & Stan & Jaden, are visiting us from Arizona.  They were in our China travel group and adopted Jaden - who was 19 months old at the time.  Kathy was telling me about a bobcat that lives in their neighborhood and how they can't do anything about it ... so she's had to stop walking with Jaden.  I thought our neighborhood was bad because lately we've had a fox "out and about" and the neighborhood consensus seems to be to "let it be" even though it may be a danger.  This bobcat watches them from the bushes while they take a walk down the street ... yikes!

Anyway, I digress ... My "deer dream" reminded me to post the picture I got of Hank in the house this weekend looking very much like a dear deer!  :)

No comments: