

Bain & I volunteered in the "bed babies" room this morning at church. Bain rocked the breast-fed baby and tried to keep him from crying as long as possible so we wouldn't have to page the mom. It was funny to see the baby turning his head onto Bain's chest every couple of seconds ... the breast-fed baby trait. :) Lucky me ... I was changing the diapers. So, by 10:30 this morning, I had changed 3 or 4 at least.
The babies were fun, though, and I'm sure our morning was much easier than if we had stayed in the first classroom they put us in - 4 yr olds!
After church, we were off for our favorite Sunday lunch - Jonathan's sports bar. The boys watched sports on TV ... Zoe slept! yeah!! ... and I had a Blue Moon. The Blue Moon was my reward to myself for staying up most of the night - first with Jackson & an ear ache and then with Zoe and a stopped up head & cough.
Hank went to a birthday party of a friend from his pre-K days. It was a very windy afternoon at the park ... see Zoe's hair blowing - she went along with us. Zoe ate a cupcake and ended up with just a touch of the icing on her nose! (bless this mom ... the icing is white!! ... so you have to zoom in to even see it ... and it didn't completely stain the clothes!) Zoe spent the rest of the party climbing on to the picnic table to get to the bubbles, chalk and gifts.
We have been home the rest of the day. The kids are playing on our weekend purchase - an inflatable water slide. I haven't taken pictures of it yet ... but I'll do that this week and post some.
In the words of Jackson ...... "I love my water slide." So do I ... because it keeps them very busy - having fun and being active outside. For a few hundred dollars, it's well worth the price. Zoe has been playing with the balloons from the party and I have some pictures of her ... She absolutely is crazy about balloons, balls, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment