
After leaving the boys at baseball camp (see today's other post), we were all headed over to eat at Pancake Pantry. I didn't mention this to anyone else, but I've always wanted to eat there ... for maybe the past 25 years.
This pancake house gets such rave reviews from everyone and it is a Nashville tradition ... I'm usually a little embarrassed to admit that I've never eaten there since I've lived in the Nashville area for almost 40 years. If you have lived in Nashville very long, you have eaten at Pancake Pantry ... well, except for me.
Bain & I drive by there from time to time when we get a chance to eat out ... but it is always too crowded. We even used to live within a mile of it when I was at Vandy ... but that would have been when I was in my anorexic stage ... so I avoided any pancake house during those years.
Anyway, once we arrived, the parking lot was full and so the other moms decided not to try it. My kids had heard the word "pancake", though ... so they were not giving up so easy! :)
We ended up finding another parking lot that wasn't full and walking the block over to it. We had a great breakfast of pancakes and french toast. Jackson got a huge case of the shivers after a few minutes in the air conditioning. He was still wet from our run to the baseball stadium. His teeth were chattering, his jaw was quivering, his body was shaking. He just doesn't have enough fat on him to keep his body temp up once he's cold.
Anyway, other than this little issue, our breakfast was great ... Zoe sat nicely ... and the food was awesome! Zoe did get mad at me for a minute (see photo) but the food came within a few seconds of that photo and she must have been really hungry because that was the end of any little temper outbursts! It is amazing how she can turn it off and on ... literally, a couple of seconds later, she was laughing, happy and drinking a big glass of chocolate milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment