Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hank's First Sports Trophy!






Saturday night was fun ... Hank's team had their final baseball game and then the entire team went to the coach's house for a pizza party. There was a huge water slide, a slip-and-slide, swing set, tree swing and pool with a shower head over it. The kids had so much fun and the adults just sat on the deck and watched the fun.

I was lucky because our hostess served "white Cheetoes" so Zoe sat at the table and ate those for about an hour. Everyone commented on how "easy" she was to handle.

The truth is that she was sitting down and really loving those Cheetoes. I've been on a fruit and veggie kick with her this week ... feeding her more healthy foods and limiting the Cheetoes - which had gotten out of hand and had become her primary food group. So, she was just thrilled to be allowed such a big indulgence! :)

She has been throwing little temper tantrums for the Cheetoes ... so it's been a challenge to me to hold out through them and not give in. (I am already wrapped around her little finger, I guess.) The surprise to me is how many different healthy foods that she will eat if I hold out ... green beans, peaches and applesauce are a few of her new favorites.

But ... I digress ... back to Hank. He ran home a couple of times during his last game (see first picture of post for his first run) and played several different positions in the outfield. At the party, he received a trophy and game ball and some very nice words from Coach Jeff. And, he found a great spot to display his trophy in his room ... hopefully, the first of many to come!

I'm posting at 3 AM today ... Zoe is up crying and I'm "in between" the "holding her" moments. She was quiet for a long time and I thought that I might be finally getting back to bed ... but she is winding up again now ... so, I'm off to do some more comforting and try to get her back to sleep. On the positive side, she'll take a great nap tomorrow! :)

No comments: