Friday, June 15, 2007

Lazy Summer Nights






We've been working on cleaning up and fixing up the back porch and yard so we can hang out there and the kids can play there.

We finally got a new hot tub cover to replace our old, molded, sagging cover that looked nasty. The old one weighed so much because it filled up with rain water, that you couldn't take it on and off the tub ... so the tub has been usedless. Now, the kids are SO excited to have the hot tub back ... and mom & dad are ready for an early "lights out" for the kids so that we can grab a beer or glass of wine and enjoy it ourselves! :) That'll never happen, will it? Oh well, a girl can dream ......

Last night, we made MORE ice cream ... this will have to stop because I'll have 20 pounds to lose before I know it. My weaknesses are 1) anything chocolate 2) any flavor of ice cream. I bet I could eat an entire gallon of ice cream at one sitting.

Zoe was playing with me while she was on the swing. She would lean back and forth - peaking at me from around the fern plant that hangs there. I was on the other side, taking pictures of Jackson & BJ in the hot tub and turning around to laugh at her every few seconds. While I wasn't looking for a minute or so, she decided to do some climbing. She gets braver and braver every day ... or maybe I should say ever hour! :)

Next time I turned around to look at her on the swing, she'd climbed up on the end and was trying to make it swing sideways. (This is something that the boys do ... and she is quite the copy cat!)

1 comment:

insanemommy said...

How did I miss this giant hot tub?! Ooooo, so jealous!