Thursday, February 28, 2008

Elizabethtown Deja Vu






















On Tuesday morning, Zoe, Jackson & I set out for a 12 hour drive to Texas for a family funeral.
Since Bain LOVES Elizabethtown (movie starring Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst) and it is about going to a funeral and driving through Kentucky and Tennessee, I had a little bit of the feeling that I was in the movie ... especially when I hit Memphis.
So, here are my "Elizabethtown" pictures ... my drive through the south. We stopped at Union University to see the tornado damage. (The first pic of the post is of the dorms there.) We ate/drank at the Starbucks there then drove by the school. On the way back out to the interstate, we saw huge, huge trees that had been dragged 100 feet or more ... all in a line - so you could almost tell right where the twister went.
Every few minutes, Jackson was asking me "How many minutes until we are in TX?" so we did the calculations every little bit ... 600 minutes, then 565 minutes, etc. for HOURS! :) When we finally crossed into TX, the kiddos were totally out ...

No comments: