Saturday, February 16, 2008

Almost Snaggletooth!


Hank was super excited to see me at car pool yesterday.  He had a tooth-shaped box in his hand and was shaking it as he ran toward me.  

He lost one of his front teeth in gym class and the teacher gave him the cute little box to hold his tooth ... which I'm quite sure he carried around the entire rest of the day!  :)

When it was time for bed, we put the tooth under his pillow and I said a little prayer that I would remember this time to sneak in after he was asleep and put some money under the pillow.  (Last time ... for his first tooth ... I forgot and he woke up to no money from the tooth fairy ... bad mom, bad mom!!)

I sat up ... trying to stay awake ... watching Leno ... reading a book off and on.  Hank was still tossing and turning.  Then, I blew it ... ZZZZZ ... fell right asleep and no money had been delivered yet.

Well, Zoe did her typical crying fit of late at about 1 AM.  Normally, I'd be pissed and grumpy ... but last night, I was kissing Zoe and telling her THANK YOU for waking me up.  I got my $5 bill off the fireplace and tucked it under Hank's pillow.  

About 4 AM, I'm deep into a dream when I am shaken awake.  It is Hank and he is holding the bill with both hands and grinning very big.

Thanks again, Zoe, for the wake up call!!  Whew, good mommy, good mommy!  ;)

No comments: