Saturday, December 01, 2007

And ... We're Off!




On December 1st every year, I feel like a horse at the start of a race. I don't feel exactly right worrying about Christmas Day in November. It just all seems too far in the future still. But, once the countdown starts from the beginning of December (that would be TODAY!), time seems to fly by much too quickly!

All this "internal pressure" doesn't mean that I'm doing anything about it, though ... other than thinking about the kids' gifts and starting to feel the need to write down their gift lists and wish lists. In fact, tonight, we were going to have a little snack of popcorn (because a friend of mine gave me a couple of red striped POPCORN bags) and it turned into a full, "sit-down and pretend we are at the movies" event. Here the kids are pretending to be at the movie theatre and watching Ratouille for the gazillion-th time ... guess I'll be accomplishing "nada" tonight! (Time to shake up a margarita for me and relax, I guess!)

Note Zoe's pasted on smile in one of the pics ... She's learned that from us. It's the smile that Bain & I make all the time at each other for fun ... the "fake smile" that you can turn off and on ... you probably know a few people that use that smile and Bain & I like to poke fun about the ones we meet - whenever we catch someone using it. (Car salesmen are notorious for using it.)

Anyway, and I also noticed a little bit of leaf debris in Zoe's hair in the pictures. The kids have been out all day playing in the dirt, leaves, etc. Bain had two yard helpers and he spent the whole day doing some MUCH needed work on our yard. We were seriously falling behind our neighbors across the street who have the perfect yard ... so we needed to at least make a little effort to maintain! :)

1 comment:

Bronie said...

they're all so cute lined up like that...are you sure there isn't velcro on those chairs?