Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Christmas Story by HANK!

Hank's teacher made a little video of Hank for our Christmas present. Watch and enjoy. Thanks, Jessica! What a great gift!

His class writes stories on the type of paper that you see in the video. On each page is an area for drawing a picture and then there are lines of text below. Hank is reading the text he wrote ... check out his handwriting ... it's just about the best handwriting in his class. Remember as you listen that Hank is struggling with speech apraxia. My sister and I were wiping tears as we listened to his words ... reading the story. He is talking so much ... but has so far to go!

In case you can't quite "speak Hank" ... At the end, he says ... "Christmas at the Carpenters' House means snowballs, hot chocolate, Santa Claus. Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad ... I love you!" .... ahhhhh! How sweet is that?! :)

Merry Christmas! Hope you have some little jewels at your house to bring you Christmas cheer, too! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That Jessica is a genius!! I LOVE IT!!! His speech is really great - he's made such great progress & has worked hard.

I hope you guys had a great Christmas!!

Nataly LOVES the poodle & has had such fun on the web with it!

Jennifer