
This is a sad post for the Christmas season ... I've been following the blog of my cousin's grandson for a long time. Little Julian has been battling brain cancer since he was two and now, he's four and it's almost time for the fight to end.
He'll be gone soon and I'll miss the updates on this brave little boy - who lived through such pain and still was "all boy" and had so much fun even in the midst of a cancer battle. I shared the hope of recovery with the family until just a few weeks ago when the doctors finally admitted that there was nothing else they could do.
The connection that really caught me up in this is his incredible resemblance to my son, Hank. They are distant cousins ... but look almost like twins to me. The first picture is Julian and the second is Hank. Hank is an exact copy of my dad ... I feel like he got a huge dose of "my-side-of-the-family" genes and, it looks like little Julian got a lot of the same ones.
Rest, Julian! I'm sorry that I didn't get to know you except through pictures ... you are a brave little boy!!
2 comments:
you see, this is exactly WHY you are on my stalkers best sellers list...
I am so sorry to hear about this situation. May the end be peaceful. There is no possible way to prepare.
His time on Earth has had a big purpose despite the shortness of it all.
hugs
Sen
xo
I am so sorry to hear about this...hugs and prayers to all of you...I will hug my little one a little tighter tonight ...
Post a Comment