To preserve (somewhat, anyway) my sanity over the next couple of weeks ... I'm planning to get out every day for a little while. Even a short run to the store can be great for renewing the spirit ... the spirit can quickly get zapped by staying home with three little boys and one princess - all day, every day, for two weeks straight. Oops ... my "martyr-syndrome" is showing! ... oh well, just being honest! :)
Yesterday, Bain had Hank & Jackson with him and BJ was with Richard ... so I was down to just Zoe. We headed to the 75% off sale at Bath & Body. But, when we arrived at the mall store, I realized that half of Brentwood and Franklin had decided to also come to this sale. I'm amazed at what a long, long, long ... I'm talking REALLY long ... line people will stand in to buy soap and lotions. Well, not me.
We quickly changed our game plan and went shoe shopping for Zoe. She's had a "foot growth spurt" and her shoes are all too tight on her all of the sudden. So ... check out her cute little pink "winter crocs" that we found for her. (I got a pair from Bain for Christmas ... so she liked having shoes like mommy.) She is very proud of them and loved showing them off while we cruised the mall. We saw no less than eight other families with Chinese adopted girls ... they are so common in our area, I don't even try to say hello or acknowledge them anymore.
We also visited the Disney store, Williams Sonoma, Build A Bear and the Coffee Shop. To make Zoe happy, we rode the glass elevator about 15 times (She likes going UP the best ... It's more fun to say than "down.") before coming home. All in all, a very fun outing!
No comments:
Post a Comment