Sunday, December 09, 2007

Saturday Night Fever






No ... Saturday Night Fever isn't in a smoky night club ... that ended in the 90s for me! :)

These days, Saturday Night Fever is at Chuck E Cheese! There are more people packed in a small area than I remember being in the bars and night clubs that I used to frequent on weekends as a "youngster" ... and it is stuffy and hot enough in there to make you feel like you have a fever! :)

We had fun playing lots of new games ... and several old favorites. They now have a "Deal or No Deal" game where you deal for tokens ... that was fun. Also, they have quite a few "kill the alien" or " kill the giant spiders" games that have huge screens and huge guns ... a favorite with all my kids ... probably giving them major psychological damage! :)

This fun was all part of a ... you guessed it ... birthday party! :)

We went to the "Bee Movie" before hitting "The Cheese" and the movie was really cute. Everyone liked it from Jackson (age 4) up to me (age undisclosed). There is so much adult humor in it that I worried the kids wouldn't like it ... but I was wrong ... they loved it.

A fun day! I had to post that very bad pic of Hank. He had just eaten a bag of sugar (some kind of candy that he bought with his tickets) and his tongue was gross looking ... plus he was frowning at me because he didn't want his pic taken ... that never stops me, though. :)

And, after all this excitement ... we headed to an Open House of a church member from the church we grew up in ... We go to it every year. Bain & I went to the same church in high school. We see lots of people that we knew back in the 1970s and I just hope each year that everyone is not thinking "Boy, she's really starting to get older looking." I know that we are all getting older, fatter, flabbier ... but it seems more obvious when you only see people once a year and it doesn't help that when you were closest to them, they were 30 years younger. :)

1 comment:

crazylady said...

You still look smokin' with short hair and NOOOOOBODY is calling you old at your reunions. I'd like a refresher pic please to prove my case.
I like my hair short. Needs some maintenance though.
Happy holidays.
p.s. hope you don't mind, I revamped my blogroll, and you don't get to pass go and collect $200. You are in my virtual prison. :)