Sunday, May 20, 2007

Looking Up


Since I was a very young kid, I've always loved to spend time "looking up" and pondering the vastness of space. During the day, I love looking up at all the clouds and I still, even at my "not so young" age, love to find "cloud pictures" in the sky.

Saturday night, Jackson, Hank, Zoe & I stopped to look at Venus and a slivery moon in the sky when we were leaving the ball park. It was a beautiful picture ... even my cheapy digital camera was able to get a nice shot. The two objects in the sky were shining so bright and there was not another spot shining anywhere in the perfectly clear sky ... God's canvas is so perfect!

"Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in their vast array." Genesis 2:1 ... How do I know the Bible is divinely inspired? This verse is one example to me ... How could Moses possibly know to call the heavens and earth a vast array without divine inspiration? What was known about space, planets or stars in his time? To this day, Moses' words have meaning. In fact, they mean more today because we do understand a little bit about the vastness of space.

Venus is the 2nd planet from the sun and the most visible object in the sky other than the sun and moon. This tiny, bright dot in the sky is approximately equal to the size of our earth.

No comments: