Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Mother's Day



After church, we decided to avoid the Mother's Day restaurant-crowd and grab Sonic burgers. We brought them home and ate on our back porch.

Zoe was down for a nap and Hank & Jackson were "making a forest" in the sandpile ... more about that in a second. So, at Bain's suggestion, BJ & I slipped out and went to Spiderman 3. That was the best Mother's Day treat for me because I really love going to the movies ... a fun movie, lots of popcorn, a few hours away from reality ... priceless!! :) The movie was really good and it was fun to spend the afternoon with BJ.

About Hank's forest ... Bain clipped some low branches from our trees. Hank will play with anything ... his imagination never stops. He collected the branches and created a forest in our sandpile. He and Jackson played army men and crawled through the pretend forest all afternoon.

Zoe was up when we got back from the movie and she was happy to finish off my popcorn. Now, we are looking forward to Shrek and Pirates of the Carribean! I think I might be brave and take all the kids to Shrek this next weekend.

No comments: