Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Napping!


Here's our new Zoe swing for the back porch. This is the "sure fire" (yes, I'm from the south) way to get her to sleep. In the words of Mater, she is "happier than a tornado in a trailer park" when she's in her swing.

She's the first "swing baby" that I've had. I had an indoor swing with a battery for the boys. All my friends with older kids told me that the swing had been their "life saver" for whenever the baby got really wound up crying ... just put them in the swing and they'd get quiet and drift off to la la land.

Well my experience was a little different ... I'd put my little boy bundles in it and (remember they were just little babes at the time) they'd be grabbing for the bars on the sides and causing the swing to get off track or wiggling trying to stand up and make the seat go over backwards ... none of them were willing to just chill and enjoy the swing like Zoe.

So ... maybe this a good sign of things to come! :) Maybe Zoe will be my "chilled out" child!

No comments: