Friday, May 25, 2007

Home Run & Bases Loaded!





BJ hit the winning run in his baseball game this week ... bases loaded and a home run! He got the game ball and we celebrated with a steak dinner for everyone - BJ's favorite meal!

Being the great mom that I am, I decided that since they have been having a somewhat bad season and the games were getting less and less uplifting ... with scores like 24 to 3 (our loss), we have been coming home a little bummed from each game ... anyway, I decided that I would skip this game and go work out.

Bain was supportive ... he'd keep the kids at the park and I could get some "me time." Well, so much for "me time". While I was sweating and reading my latest copy of People magazine, I missed the big baseball season moment! Is this typical parenting or what? :) The one time you miss an event, it is the important one!

1 comment:

crazylady said...

Sorry you missed the big game play!

FYI: you need to check out the Downing Family twins: Zoe is the missing triplet. Every time I visit, it haunts me.
http://www.downingadoption.com/photogallery/August%20Post/Hands.JPG