




Bain & I have spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday trying to overcome the jet lag. For Bain, the lag meant that he was totally exhausted and needed mega hours of sleep. For me, I have been back on my regular schedule with just a half hour nap every afternoon ... but I don't feel myself. I'm very tired and whenever I try to drive, I start really feeling tired. I stopped at a light on Saturday and the next thing I knew, I woke up and all the cars waiting at the red light with me were gone! :) Every day, it gets better and we are feeling more and more back to normal.
Zoe is sleeping really well in her crib. We put her down awake and she quickly dozes off after some tossing and turning. She wakes up occasionally and tosses and cries quietly for a few minutes but then goes back to sleep. She seems to love her crib and likes going to sleep to the sound of her wind up bear and playing with the toys in the crib. Each night, she wakes up less and less and, last night, didn't wake up at all until about 8:00 AM.
Tonight, Zoe took a bath in the sink and Jackson (who graduated from sink baths several months ago) wanted to take a bath in the sink, too. Zoe was fascinated with the water from the faucet. Jackson is Zoe's best friend (just ask him) and tells everyone about his sister, Zoe from China. He asked me why I brought her home and when we had to return her. :) When I told him that we never had to return her, he said, "yeah!"
We also had a visit from my friend, Kirsten, and her kids ... We had stopped by her house earlier and she got a look at Zoe in the car seat. Sarah (her daughter) tried on her Chinese pink silk dress and took a picture with Zoe. We also gave Sarah a passport doll and she loved it!
Monday morning (this morning) was Zoe's doc appointment and she checked out fine except for scabies (a skin parasite). Our doc felt that she still had them even though we had treated her in China for them. Sometimes, it takes a couple of treatments ... just a lotion that you put all over the body and leave on overnight. We also had Jackson's ears checked since he was complaining about one of them and he had an ear infection ... his first one ever, I think. We'll be taking Zoe next to the Vanderbilt International Adoption Clinic for another check up as soon as we can be scheduled.
My sister, Laura, has been here and has been a life saver. She has played with and spoiled Zoe for the past few days while I am trying to do laundry, unpack and grab a nap here and there. She's headed back home tonight to Maryland and will be going to the cancer clinic in the morning for her 14th round of chemo ... it should be her last one of this initial type of chemo. She'll be switching to maintenance chemo next. Many of you have been praying for her and she asks that you continue to pray for her complete healing. So far, her progress has been wonderful ... so God is answering her desire to be healthy.
More Zoe pics to follow soon!! :) I've been too tired the past few days to snap pictures ... but I'm feeling better now and the camera is starting to snap again!!
1 comment:
Martha,
Don't sleep and drive!!! I remember feeling like that. Jet lag just sneaks up on you and you're out before you know it! Thanks for the update! You should be back to normal soon. Zoe is just a doll!!!
Sam
Post a Comment