



I'm posting some more pictures today from the orphanage visit on Thursday. I included a picture of the outdoor courtyard where the nannies take the babies out to get some sun and fresh air. I'm not sure what kind of activities they do out in the courtyard because there are no toys or places to play there.

The picture of the orphanage building is looking from the courtyard up to the crib room floor. When we arrived, the nannies that were working hung out the windows and yelled the babies names to them. One nanny had to leave the window because she got too emotional ... she was wiping tears away.
The street pictures were taken from the front seat of our bus as we rode around the city. This town has mostly small motorcycles instead of bicycles. The students and many of the workers were on their way home for lunch. Our guide told us that, in this area, everything shuts down for 2 1/2 hours around lunch time and people go home for awhile.
Bain picked out the picture of Zoe and the nanny as one of his favorites ... so I included here, too. The nannies were so enthusiastic to see us ... They certainly love their jobs working with the babies.
1 comment:
Martha,
Thanks again for sharing these! I know it was a tough day, but so worth it!
Sam
Post a Comment