





We made it home after a 26 hour trip from Hong Kong to Nashville. Just a little tired, Richard met us at the airport and we headed for home. At our house, we were thrilled to see a group of friends waiting to meet Zoe!
The homecoming really put a bright ending on our trip. Zoe was laughing and happy to meet everyone ... not at all scared or anxious about being passed around the group for hugs and kisses! She even warmed up to "the mayor" (inside joke for our neighbors) after a few minutes. Considering that she had just spent 26 hours in a tiny space with us ... she was great with everyone. Well, maybe she was just in a little bit of overwhelm mode, too!
Thank you to everyone who came out to welcome us home.
Pulling into the driveway, I thought I was about to cry because I was so homesick for the kids ... but all the commotion helped turn that emotion into a time of fun ... I didn't get a chance to shed any tears at all! It also helped to remove the tears when Jackson (our 3 yr old) came running out of the house right when we drove up ... I opened up my arms ready for a huge reunion hug and he ran right past me! He ran around to the van door yelling "Daddy, where is Zoe?" :)
Okay, now all you who took pictures have to email them to me! I can't wait to see them all!
1 comment:
Welcome home, Zoe!!!!
Post a Comment