

Zoe had a fun day today! I can't imagine what she must be thinking ... only a few days ago, her whole world was a little room full of cribs and an outside courtyard. Now, she is traveling all over Guangzhou ... seeing so many people, learning so much.One of our travel families, the Fulfords, loaned us their DVD player and some Baby Einsten DVDs. Zoe was crazy for the music and video ... the orphanage nannies had told us that she was really crazy about music and they are right. She gets so excited that she jumps up and down in her "crawling stance" and then flops down on her tummy. She especially loves to watch the metronome (spelling?) go back and forth in rhythm.
I also snapped a picture of her practicing using her thumb and forefinger. Since I showed her that she needed to do that to pick up the Cheerios, she has sat and worked on it for a few minutes each day (fyi ... In an earlier post that I mentioned this as a skill that she should have mastered several months ago). She actually picked up one Cheerio today with a "pinch" instead of using the non-thumb fingers only ... progress!!
She was wearing her "My Mommy Loves Me" outfit this morning ... but we made a little goof. We decided that we'd try and get her to taste just a tiny, tiny taste of peas since she is refusing to put anything near her mouth except the bottle of formula. On a spoon, we put the faintest, smallest taste of peas and put it on her lips for a second. She started gagging in a major way and then ... oops! ... threw up a nice amount of her bottle on her "My Mommy Love Me" shirt and on her mommy, too. I smell so good right now ... that baby puke smell is so lovely!! Can't wait for my shower tonight!
So, she's in a new outfit (red dress with farm animals ... very cute! ... thanks, Ann!) and playing on the floor ... looking so cute that I snapped some more pictures of her.
We're done with the medical exam picture and all the families that traveled to other cities for their babies have arrived now at the hotel tonight. There are so many babies in our group now ... twelve in all, I think .... a set of twins, very tiny babies, bigger babies, a toddler ... all adorable and all already loved by their new parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment