
Zoe got lots of sleep today on our 3 hour each way trip to the orphanage ... so tonight, she was awake and having fun playing in the room with us. She is a blank page, so to speak ... she doesn't know peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake or to laugh at a belly blow. She is just figuring out "waving bye bye" and "give me five" ... and she loves to see me blow her kisses but doesn't know how to do it herself. Well, by the time we get home, maybe she'll know at least a few of these! One thing that I've had to get used to (and work on teaching her) is to hold her hands up to me when I hold mine out to her ... to signal that she wants me to pick her up. It can hurt your feelings a little when you're used to a baby reaching for you and then she doesn't ... just another "American way of doing things" that she hasn't been exposed to. She loves the computer and all the cables ... so I gave her a cord (not plugged in) and that we aren't using, to play with ... just to keep her from pulling the computer off the coffee table when she grabs the power cord! Here's a picture of her with her prized possession ... the power cable!!
3 comments:
Wow!! What an incredible experience. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. I'm truly enjoying following your daily activities, and the very happy Miss Zoe. China looks like a very beautiful country.
Hello!! We are so excited to know that you are finally in China and have your precious daughter. We are thinking of you and praying for you!! Hugs and love!
She gets sweeter everyday! I love the feet. I can tell this child is related to our family -- who EVER wants to wear socks and shoes? Always... bare feet! Getting more and more excited!
Love you,
Laura
Post a Comment