Friday, March 21, 2008

The Start of March Madness



The beach in March isn't my favorite place to be ... For one, it's still cold in the water and you end up in the hotel hot tub the entire time.  Okay, that doesn't sound bad at all.  How about this excuse? ... I'm as pale as a ghost and March sunshine isn't going to give me any tan anyway.  Also, wearing a swim suit with my ghost-like appearance sounds just slightly embarrassing ... even on  a beach where I'm a complete unknown.

There are a very limited number of Williamson county residents who share my lack of enthusiasm for spring break travel ... pretty much the entire neighborhood is deserted.  

There were a handful of our friends who are braving the isolation to remain at home and we had a little cook-out last night at our house to celebrate ... and to watch a little basketball.  Since Bain went to Belmont, we watched that game with much anguish.  In the last 2.0 seconds, they missed the basket and lost by one point to MUCH bigger and MUCH higher ranked Duke.  I say "two point oh seconds" to give you an idea of what the last minute was like in the game ... in case you missed it.

A fun night, though ... lots of kids, more egg decorating, camp fire and marshmellow roasting, basketball in the back yard and on the WII.  I snapped a picture of some of my "girlfriends" because I wanted a non-kid picture for the blog.  Every once in a while, my life doesn't just involve the "10 and under" crowd ... the moments are rare - but they do happen!  :)

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Hope to see you tomorrow...I am currently beating mark in the bracket LOL