Sunday, March 02, 2008

The "Gazillion Hours" Drive Home





Our VERY long drive home from Texas was highlighted by several stops ...

First, we stopped for McDonald's Happy Meal breakfasts.  They now have a Happy Meal for all times of day ... complete with pancake, sausage, hash brown and drink! ... Oh, and the most important thing ... a TOY!  At this stop , we (well, I) also tried to wrestle Zoe to take her antibiotic that she is finishing up.  She spit it out all over the car while I tried to hold her down in her car seat ... causing a little bit of frustration to rise to the surface for me.  Just when I'm about to lose it, I looked out of the car and there was a policeman intently watching me ... I sort of expected to be arrested for child abuse since she was pitching a royal fit!

Second, we stopped at the Casey Jones Railroad museum.  This was a ton of fun and we stayed about an hour.  We bought some magnet connected train cars that spell "Jackson" and we got to ring the bell on a big train engine (see video).

No comments: