Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Baby Zoe






I am slow ... that's for sure! I am finally getting around to scanning the pictures that we received of Zoe from the orphanage director on her "Gotcha Day" - her adoption day. They were in a little photo album and I scanned the cover of the album, too. The color is red - the favorite color of Chinese people. We were told that pink, purple, etc. are not the "girl colors" in China and that girls most often wear blue (go figure ... of course, it would be the opposite from the U.S. ... or red, orange or yellow.)

So, here is the Zoe that we missed and that I'm sure missed having a forever family and a mommy to hug her. (Anyone have a guess of her age here? Anyone recognize her friend?)

I can't imagine how hard it was for her to not have any one person that she depended on and that gave her the security she probably longed for! Okay, I am sorry to go sad on you. But, it's a little tough for me to consider her early days in the orphanage.

Check out her little foot. It looks like she has blood on it. Probably from scratching bug bites. She was covered with bites and little scars from the bites when we got her. Her skin scars easy and I've learned not to worry about it too much because they seem to go away quickly, too.

Even though the orphanage days were probably not the best for her ... I am very glad to have her here with me now! :)

2 comments:

Favored Girls said...

Martha, I love, love reading your blog. You are so busy but make it all look like so much fun. I can relate to a lot of your posts :-). Hugs, Annette

crazylady said...

Seeing blog children grow is so nice. I like looking back at them all now that I'm familiar with their faces.
So Zoe was always cute eh?