Everyone got their favorite requests from Santa this morning ... AquaDoodle for Jackson, Rescue Heroes for Hank and a Jay Cutler shirt for BJ.
Bain & I didn't make very good Santas this year. We usually stay up half the night opening the "Santa gifts" packaging (undoing all that tape and those little wire twists) and having the toys all out, unwrapped, set up and ready to play with.
Well, this year, after the kids were all asleep, we both decided to "rest" for a few minutes before getting started. Zoe woke me up around 2 AM crying really loud ... and that went on for two hours. I think that the Christmas Eve dinner didn't go over too well with her stomach. (She ate brocolli ... so you can guess what her problem was!) Anyway, by the time we survived that disruption to our sleep, we decided to "rest" again for a little while before getting started.
The next thing I knew, I checked the clock and it was 5:30 AM ... too late for any really good "Santa setting up" ... so we just quickly threw the toys in the boxes around the tree. And actually, the kids didn't notice the difference.
Zoe still wasn't happy this morning and cried most of the time ... Her favorite "gift" was the price tag on the Titan cheerleading outfit that she got for a present from me! :) She not a big "toy" baby ... With three brothers, she is more busy checking out what they are doing than playing with toys ... so she didn't get too excited over all the toys. I'm sure that will change in the years to come! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment