Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Season Starts!




Today was the first holiday season weekend and has been full of holiday activities ... This morning, we took bubble baths and then got dressed for a visit to Santa at the local library. It was so very crowded this year, that we decided not to wait for a visit with Santa. Both Hank & Jackson were fine with sending Santa a letter instead ... so, no photo-op for mom this year. BJ didn't want to visit Santa (He's positive that Santa is "not for real" and loves telling everyone) ... so he & Richard went Christmas shopping together (watch out Dollar Tree ... here they come!)

I put a cute outfit on Zoe from Aunt Laura but never got a really good picture of her in it. The best picture is the one I posted and she is frowning because she wants me to pick her up. I'm having a tough time taking pictures of her because she mostly crys if I am in the room and not holding her! :)

During nap time for Zoe, Bain kept the kids and they watched some football together. I went for a massage (ahh!!) and some quick shopping. I'm mainly just buying a few things for the house that are holiday-ish right now ... no real Christmas shopping has happened yet!

For dinner, Richard kept the boys and Bain, Zoe & I went to our Sunday School class Christmas party. It was at the home of a couple in our class who are Chinese ... they cooked some wonderful Chinese food for us and the group played Bunco.

With Zoe along, I had to sit out of Bunco ... I think that I'll try a babysitter for Zoe for the next party ... guess it's time to let go of her a little! I'm sure she'll adjust fine without me for a few hours! :) Yes, I have adoptive-mom-protective-syndrome!!

No comments: