Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Memory Bear


My sister gave me a bear for Christmas this year ... and when I pulled it out of the box she asked me, "Do you recognize it?" I was totally clueless.

Ends up that the bear is made from my dad's old plaid dress coat (that he wore every day of his later years in life ... with only the occasional benefit of a dry cleaning!) and from his red bath robe (that he wore around the house with probably just an undershirt and underwear underneath ... and with lovely black dress socks, too).

So, this is one of my favorite gifts for the Christmas season. It reminded me of some things I'd forgotten about my dad ... maybe they were better left forgotten! :) I put the bear on the mantle along with my mom's favorite Christmas decoration ... a glass Santa with his finger pointing at you as if to say, "You better not cry, you better not pout ..."

Miss you, Mom and Dad!!

No comments: