Here is the gorgeous little girl that almost came home with us in 2006. Just a few days before we were scheduled to meet her and adopt her, she was rushed to the hospital. She stayed sick for several months and was too sick to travel to the U.S with us. We were given another little girl - our Zoe - from the same orphanage.I still love getting pictures and information on this little girl, Jiang Cheng Cai. Today, an American family is visiting our orphanage with their daughter that they just adopted and they took this photo for me.
I'd adopt her in a second ... but international adoption is more (much more) complicated than just a little girl and a family that would take her in a love her as their daughter and sister. It's too bad that things have to be so complicated.
In the meantime, please say prayers for little "Cai-Leigh" (my name for her) ... that she'll find a forever family soon. :)
3 comments:
wow....it's a mixed blessing to be able to keep up with her. i can still see her little face in her adoption "mugshot" they gave you.
very sweet.
It's pretty amazing that you have information and pictures for her!!! i'll be praying for her!!
Martha, she is blessed by your prayers -- and I know she always will be. I agree with Amy, it is amazing (God) that you can continue to receive info on this precious child. I always keep you and your family in my prayers! Annette
Post a Comment