Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Big "Duh"



Because of the Memorial Day holiday this week, I've been confused.  This is not always abnormal for me ... but in this case, I was aware of it.  :)

I thought that Tuesday was Monday.  All day long, I kept getting messed up on things we were planning to do ... thinking it was the day before.  Well, I didn't learn my lesson and on Wednesday, I spent the day thinking it was Tuesday.  

Swim lessons came and went and we didn't "went" ... Now, I will have to explain to their instructor that I was still on Tuesday so we had absolutely no reason for missing ... This is when I will look at her and she'll think what a "duh" head I must be ... maybe I should invent a better excuse!  :)

Well, by the evening, I was about to miss Hank's baseball game, too ... when Bain called just minutes before we needed to walk out the door to find out if Hank was dressed and ready to go.  Imagine the scene of me getting the kids all dressed (Hank in uniform) and out the door to the ballgame in just minutes.

We made it ... Hank played catcher.  It was a close and hard fought game ... fun to watch ... both sides played hard.  And, the rest of us cheered hard from the other side of the cage ... duh!  :)  I'm hoping that the fog is clearing some today ... Thursday, Thursday, Thursday ... I'll keep reminding myself.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Too funny! I've been the same way all week, thinking today is the day before. Thankfully I haven't missed any appointments or ball games or anything though. :-)

Love the glasses on Hank! I've always thought little kids in glasses is SO cute.