Sometimes, I just really need the phone to ring and someone to ask how I'm doing. Since my parents are no longer here and my sister has been very sick, there is a huge void when it comes to my support system ... one that I have depended on for much of my adult life. Anyway ... not to go on and on ... otherwise I'll be depressed again. But I do recognize that I miss these important people. And, though my sister is very much alive, she's just too sick right now to be the "crutch" in my life that she has been.
I found a new song that I like on itunes ... Winds of Change by Kutless ... "Do you feel the winds of change? Soon, this weight will fall away and take you to a place only found through these winds of change. I'll be the one you can cry to ... the one who will give you wings. I will give you wings."
Change in life is hard ... but it's a given. We can either embrace it or cry about it ... And, if we embrace it and still need to cry a little, we can cry to God in our prayers and thoughts and he will give us wings to soar above the pain and fear.
Oh yeah ... Feeling better today (not exactly super cheerful ... but better for sure) and liking this new song for my IPOD.
I had lunch at school with Hank and that was so much fun. We went to recess with BJ's class and just relaxed in the sun ... a great morning and afternoon. Now, we're off to swim lessons and a cookout/swim party at a friend's house ... more fun photo ops. :)
2 comments:
Glad you're feeling better! Life is just so hard sometimes! Some days I feel so good about being a mom and a wife and the life I have, and other days I just want to crawl in a hole. Doesn't help when the 2 year old is constantly whining! :-)
since when do they serve merlot in the cafeteria!!!
Post a Comment