Sunday, October 07, 2007

New Place to Party!



In our fairy tale Wonderland that we live in, there is no end to the fun kid places to play. Once the new wears off one store, restuarant or family-outing location, a new one is gladly opening to take your dollars and offer you more endless items (made in China), different & more delicious foods, or bigger and more entertaining family times.

Enter Jump Zone ... The old place is "Pump It Up" but now we have the bigger, better, improved "jumpy house" - as I call them. Will it never end? Look at the size of just one of the inflatable slides! There was a huge playroom full of these things!

Some time, I'm going to drive about two miles from our house and just take pictures of all the construction and make a blog post of it ... It's amazing and scary!

We have a gazillion office buildings, retail strip locations, highway exits, new & wider roads (that, in what seems like very recent memory to me, were lined with farms & cow and horses.) All because people want to come to our Wonderland - which seems so much better to them than the places they are leaving in Detroit, New Jersey or California. The only problem is that ... now, our Wonderland looks like Detroit, New Jersey and California! :)

The kids loved the "Jump Zone" ... probably a franchise - so you are probably familiar with it in your own Wonderland. Notice Zoe's outfit ... I put Jackson's clothes out for him to dress. When I came back in the room with Zoe's clothes, Jackson was still naked but Zoe had put on his shirt and shorts! So, I figured it wasn't worth trying to "redress" her ... Several people kept calling her a "him" all day. I'm so over the "girly girl" trend that I had when we first came from China. Now, she can just be herself! No hair bow? No problem! :)

No comments: