Sunday, October 21, 2007

We Had It Made!


Life was so easy at one point in our lives ... We were young, no kiddos ... two pretty decent incomes ... with every bit of potential in front of us ... no disappointments or failures or life tragedies ... everything about our lives was the promise of a happy existence.

Not that our life is bad ... it's just very different. Our stage of life now is full of responsibility and we are no longer naive to those life tragedies that I mentioned earlier. Still, God is good and gives us hope even in the face of struggle.

This shot is of Bain & I on our 5th anniversary cruise to Mexico. It was such a fun trip! I found the picture when I was doing some clean up so I thought I'd scan it and post it. Hard to believe that this was in the fall of 1991 ... seems like yesterday!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

You are right....life was so much simpler then but I know you and I both would not trade the craziness of our lives now for anything : )

Love the pic!