Saturday, September 29, 2007

Helping Hand


If you like to do something nice for someone today, go to www.everydayisprecious.com and sign the petition there for Extreme Makeover. The site tells Marcy's story, so I won't repeat it here. Also, check out the link to their garden. If you have some extra dollars, then you might plant a flower for Marcy.

Marcy is a member of my church. I haven't met her and didn't know her story until today when someone emailed me to sign her petition. I have seen her at church once in the past two years. When they announced her presence in church that day, I didn't realize what a miracle it was for her to be there that day. I didn't know her story. She was in a reclining wheelchair - but was able to attend the entire worship service that day.

After you visit her site, if you are enjoying good health, you might feel led to say a prayer of thanks. I was. Ultimately, the things of most value here on earth are not material. They are our health - physically and spiritually.

No comments: