

With all our recent rain, Jackson calls the water behind our house a "river" and wants to go behind our fence every day and see if the river has water or not. The "river" behind our house is driving me crazy, though, because there are privacy trees back there that we planted years ago. They are now a huge tree screen ... great for our privacy and great for playing in, if you are a kid ... but terrible for a mom trying to watch kids from a distance (sitting under the umbrella on the deck with my feet up ... that's my preference, anyway!)
The kids wander around in the trees and before I can see them, they sneak down the "river" to the neighbor's house ... and beyond! One day, I couldn't find them, so I followed the water about 6-8 houses down and they were walking back towards our house - soaking wet ... They had found a drain pipe at the end of our "river" and had climbed down into it. This was perfectly safe (and fun), they all insisted. Not only that, but they had passed through a huge black, muscle-dog's yard to get there. I had to wonder why this dog was outdoors with no leash but with a leather muzzle on it's mouth. (I'm sure he's a sweet dog, right?)
Today's weather forecast ... tons of rain. Today's mom forecast ... pacing up and down the "river" trying to keep the kids near the house! :)
The picture of Zoe is one where I was in the back of the yard hunting the boys and put her down in the grass. She hasn't been in the grass very much at all ... and I learned that she really doesn't like the grass. BJ was trying to play horseshoe with her a little and she wouldn't budge from the spot in the grass where I set her down. She did not like the feel of the grass on her feet at all and wouldn't walk in it!
1 comment:
You got rain, we are still getting snow... seems like no end in sight.
Hope you have a heavy duty washing machine.
Post a Comment