

I started to title today's entry ... "Am I ready for 13 hours on a plane with Bain?" ... just kidding! I'm sure the flight will be wonderful ... time to relax, watch movies, meet several families that are also adopting through our agency, and read a book or two.
Today we received confirmation of our U.S. Consulate appointment in Guangzhou ... Wednesday, November 8th at 9 AM. This appointment date determines our trip dates because the adoption agency knows the number of days that we must be in China prior to this appointment. So, once we have this appointment, all the travel arrangements are finalized ... meaning they call us for our credit card number! :)
We'll be leaving at 8:30 AM on Thursday, Oct 26th and arriving in Beijing on Friday, Oct 27th at 2:25 PM. Our flight home leaves on Friday, Nov 10th and arrives in Nashville at 3:13 PM on the same day ... the 10th! I'll be so glad to be home.
Jackson and I went shopping today at the Chinese grocery store in downtown Nashville. We were picking up "moon cakes" for Zoe's shower on Sunday. Bev, Dorothy and Cindy (the hostesses) are planning to serve Chinese appetizers. The Chinese Autumn Festival is coming up on October 6th and the full moon is the theme of this holiday. There is a "delicacy" type of cake given as gifts during this festival called "moon cakes." They are small and round like the full moon and have a round cream center. The Chinese character for "long life" is on the top. Anyway, I knew where to buy these ... so Jackson and I went to get them today. No one in the Chinese grocery store spoke English ... one man could speak just a few words and helped us find what we wanted. We also bought some "hot green peas" ... kind of like nuts that he said would make good party appetizer. Here are some pics of the cakes!
2 comments:
Those peas are coated in Wasabi so beware!!! (I LOVE them!) So glad you have your dates set! I will be stalking you!!!!
Sam (JiangCheng group)
I am getting more and more excited. Can hardly wait to see and hold Zoe. Every time I see her picture, I fall more and more in love with her. Talk to you later. Love, Aunt Laura
Post a Comment