Friday, September 08, 2006

Why? Why? Why?





This has been a week of "why." That's because Jackson & I are spending quite a bit of time together and his very most favorite word is "why." He can ask "why" to any comment that is made. For example ... Me: Jackson, let's turn off the lights before we leave. Jackson: Why? Me: Because it costs money to have them on and we don't need them while we are gone. Jackson: Why? Me: Because the light company sends us a bill. Jackson: Why? Me: Because it costs them money to create the electricity to turn on the light. Jackson: Why? ... etc., etc.

Just when I think my whole conversation is a huge waste of time and effort ... Jackson will blurt out several hours later ... "The electricity company sends us electricity in big wires to our house and that is how we can turn on the lights in the house. We pay them money for it so we need to turn off all the lights when we leave the house." Wow ... what a smart little sponge he is!!

We went to TCBY yesterday for a treat. Today, we went to the park and went down by the creek and threw rocks in the creek for a while. I decided that I'm going to pack a little chair and a book for myself next time and just rest a little while he throws rocks. He could stay by the creek for an hour, I think, and have a ball. We also took a Starbucks trip today and Jackson brought along Zoe's baby doll. He had a cookie and sat on the window ledge with the baby doll.

On Sunday, B.J. and I went shopping for "Sunday clothes." He seemed to suddenly not have anything to wear ... so, no wonder, he had gone up two sizes in clothes since last year. We bought new pants and several new "collared" shirts (as he calls them). To keep him motivated for shopping, I promised a trip on the escalator in Dillards. He walked down the up side and had a blast trying to keep ahead of the moving steps. He was lucky because no one came to get on the escalator for several minutes ... odd on a busy Sunday ... so he got to go all the way down and back up.

B.J. has made 100s on his 3rd grade tests so far. Hank's first words to me every day after school are "too long". He is so tired and the day is very long for him ... but I'm sure he'll adjust soon. Jackson is singing the "abc" song and doing a great job naming all the letters! He loves music and can repeat just about any song that he hears several times.

No comments: