Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sending Zoe a Hug ... Through the Mail !!



Sometimes, families send a "care package" to their child in the orphanage once they learn her identity. I've been collecting items to mail to Zoe and I hope to have it in the mail by Tuesday. I'm still working on what pictures of the family to put in her photo album. Her photo album is a soft house with "My Family" across the top and a slot for her picture on the front. I hope she loves looking at all the pictures!

There are a couple of items that I hope to get back while we are in China. I enclosed two disposable cameras that I hope the caregivers will use to take photos of Zoe and record a little about her life in China. I also have a red book with questions in it in Chinese for the caregivers to answer. I need to go through the book and select about twenty questions that are most important and mark them ... things that Zoe might want to know when she's older. For example ... What is her favorite toy? Does she sleep in the same crib with another baby? Are there any memories of her that you would like to let her know about?

I've also included a couple of dresses, a bear/blanket, a very soft Gund bear, a pink blanket with purple flowers, diapers, diaper cream, teething gel, some toys and some candies and nuts for the caregivers. Richard suggested wrapping it all in a plastic bag, too, in case the box gets wet ... so I did that, too. Hope the package arrives for her and that we receive the special items back on "Gotcha Day". (Gotcha day is what adopting parents call the first day they meet their child.)

Addendum to this day: Finally got the package off on Wednesday ... cost $54! Should be in China by September 14th. We have a tracking number so we can follow it's journey. (Yes, parents who are waiting to travel to China are slightly obsessive!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

that is an awesome care package! I forgot to get a photo of the one we sent - this has been such a whirlwind! Waiting for Jaiden LID 5 Jul 05