Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Laura's Love Me

Grieving is a weird process.  You remember little details about your time with someone.  Happy memories make you smile ... a reminder of a harsh word makes you ache.  One thing that you know ... nothing about your time together can be changed, added to ... nor can you make up for any lost time that you had while the person was living.

Yesterday, I remembered a song that Laura really loved ... maybe back in the mid-90s.  We both started listening to country music (went to the Opry together once when she was in town) and we both loved the song "Love Me" by Collin Raye.  Laura told me that she'd like to play it at mother's funeral ... which we felt was coming up soon.  It ended up being longer than we expected and dad was to get sick and go first.

Anyway, our conversation about that song was lost in "meaningless talk" until yesterday.  But, memories of conversations like that find their way to the surface once the person is gone.  So, I found the song on iTunes ... and I made a little video for Laura using this song.  

I am enjoying putting some of my photos to video lately ... so hang in there with me if you are getting tired of seeing them.  I'll be out of topics for movies soon!  :)

Laura's "Love Me" Video

About the video and the pictures ... Laura didn't like to have her picture made.  When the family was together, she was most often the picture-taker and not in the photo.  The photos I have of us together are few and far between.  And, you can tell that the majority didn't come from a digital camera.  Back then, you took a shot and got it developed.  On a rare occasion, you'd end up with a really good photo.  But, each photo (even the really, really bad ones) is attached to some good memories.  Btw, lots of my old photos are Polaroids ... remember those?  :)

If you're friend or family of Laura ... you'll need Kleenex probably.

1 comment:

Wolfes Home said...

Very sweet, Martha. Grieving is definitely a process and it's neat that you can share some of it. Hugs to you.