Monday, June 08, 2009

The Climb

Miley Cyrus' new song "The Climb" is one of my favorites right now.  It pushes me on during my workouts ... and I can relate to it especially since I'm on my "back-to-career climb" and, sometimes ... well, actually every moment of every day :) ... can use that little boost of positive thought.  

I've got a long climb when it comes to getting my business started again ... but I've done it before.  When I started real estate back in 1993, the Savings and Loan institutions had failed and the RTC had been formed by the government to fix the mess.  Interest rates were high ... there was very, very little inventory on the market.  The boom of Brentwood and Williamson county hadn't really started yet ... no Saturn or Spring Hill yet.  Oh, annnd ... I had no idea what I was doing.  Somehow, I still managed to do fairly well.  Hopefully, I now have a little more on my side than I did then even with our economic mess ... at least I'm ready to start climbing!  :)

A big "thumbs up" for my new office location ... It's very close to my house ... but even better, it's in the same strip with my local Starbucks!  I can't believe my luck!  Just a few doors down and I've got a Peppermint Mocha latte whenever I feel like it!

Yesterday, we talked in Sunday School about giving God credit for daily events in our lives.  I do feel like God has had a purpose for our lives the past 10 years or so ... They were our difficult years.  We learned a lot and grew ... But, I now feel like we are on the edge of some happier and easier times.

It does say in the Bible that there is a time in our lives for everything ... We are all going to go through ups and downs.  God has planned our lives to be that way for a reason.  The "pruning" of the tough times makes you bloom even more in the great times.  I think most of us would chose a life of ups and downs in order to experience the highs ... rather than live a life that is totally in the middle ... neither bad or good.  I know that I would.

No comments: