Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Floaty Heaven







My school-friend is a saint today ... She took Jackson & Zoe along with two of her kiddos to the pool so I could work for a while.  (BJ & Hank are at Refuge sports camp together!)  

Zoe got some "floaties" for her arms from Mrs. W and she was in heaven ... swimming all over the pool.  A swim instructor had once told me not to give these to kids because it keeps them from learning to swim as quickly ... so I've never bought any.  Boy, I think that has been a mistake because Zoe really had fun with them and we didn't have to worry about her getting into water over her head.

I included one shot of Hank that looks like he's about to swim into the side of the pool.  He was playing "Hank the Shark" and going after the other kids.  Zoe was really mad at him and a little scared of the "pretend shark" getting her.

Thanks, Mrs. W for a day of fun!  Zoe is snoozing ... she said, "Mommy, I'm REALLY tired" and collapsed in bed as soon as we walked in the door!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Jaden loves swimming and her cheetos too!!

We use floaties sometimes. I really like the
swimway vest with the styrofoam her arms
are more free and she can swim more on
her tummy. As they get used to swimming
around you take a sheet out at a time until
they are swimming with just the vest and
they don't realize it. (I will have to let you
know how it works when we try it) :)

Hugs!
Kathy