We had a nice quiet holiday this year. Unfortunately, none of our family were able to visit so we just lounged ... see pics! :)
Oh yeah, and we ate a lot! Of course, it's Thanksgiving so that's a given, I guess, right? :)
I decided that I would make everything from scratch this year except the dessert. Normally, I make homemade pies and everyone's too full to eat them ... so I decided to skip on that this year. I found an awesome recipe for dressing with sage sausage and granny smith apples. I bought fresh cranberries and made the sauce. We ordered a smoked turkey from gobblegobble.com (the best turkey in the world!) and cooked a small turkey just for the aroma. I made homemade biscuits. We had green beans, my mom's fruit salad and sweet potato casserole - Bain's family recipe. (all that sound familiar? ... probably just exactly the same as you were eating at your house!)
It was all really good ... We cooked it slowly over the course of the day and cleaned the kitchen after each "project" so that, by the end of our cooking adventure, everything was cleaned up and we ate buffet style from our kitchen island.
We got a good start on holiday decorating, too. We have a tree ... not decorated - just lights. Our inflatable snow globe is up and running. I've pulled out all the Christmas knick-knacks and found new homes for them for the month of December. One big project remaining is to get the train set up on the floor around the Christmas tree (without Zoe knocking it over and breaking it!). That's what I'm going to work on with Jackson tonight ... He is the train enthusiast of the family!
Happy Holidays to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment