Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A Taste Of France


One of the highlights of my YEAR has become my neighbor's annual "girl friends dinner" where her husband cooks an incredible meal for us. We eat for 3 or 4 HOURS and the food is so incredible!

The meal was last night ... and I'm wishing for some left overs this morning. The theme was French cooking ... pate, brie, onion & bacon tart (so good!), souffle, steaks, blue cheese puff pastries, bacon & spinach salad, wine (lots of wine! ... different choices specifically selected to compliment each menu item), creamy chocolate dessert.

Seriously, this is the best meal that I eat every year ... Our neighbor is an inspiration to Bain & I to learn to cook and experiment with different foods. Bain & I are planning to take a cooking class ... this was my birthday present from Bain. I'll let you know how it goes ... maybe we'll cook up a little souffle of our own!

Anything is a step up from our standard foods ... pb & j or Ragu spaghetti! I think we have a very long way to go! :)

No comments: