Okay ... so, we weren't technically shipwrecked today but our car wouldn't start and it didn't get repaired until late afternoon. (And, we actually have the Jeep that we could have taken somewhere ... so I'm fudging.) But ... it WAS a great excuse to the kids to stay put. The weather wasn't great for going to the pool ... so today was a great day for working on our reading and writing. BJ - like I mentioned before - is gone in the morning and returns at night ... not every day ... but most of them. So, I was down to just three kiddos for most of the day.
Hank & Jackson are making flash cards of words. They get tired of it after about five minutes and then I have to find them something else. Hank worked on filling up the little pool at the bottom of the water slide and he worked on spraying/gushing everyone with water that came near him. I was just a LITTLE ANGRY at him when he soaked me. :) We are working on summer reading for Hank. And, I'm back on my own summer reading ... Last year, I didn't finish the Narnia series ... so today, I read about 1/2 of "The Last Battle" ... love the Narnia books.
I had decided that tonight, we'd order pizza ... something we haven't done in ages. We ordered "Pie in the Sky" ... one Carnivore and one Cheese ... made homemade ice cream (chocolate covered cherry flavor ... yum!) and watched MORE Star Trek. BJ was home by now and declared himself an official nerd ... now that he's watched about 20 hours of Star Trek in two days.
Life is good ...
1 comment:
just catcing up!! nice to have you back blogging, martha! have a wonderful summer:-)
Post a Comment