Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Memorial Memorial Day Weekend







This weekend has been great.  I'm feeling ... for the first time in a year ... that I'm back (somewhat) to my old self.  We've had a fun weekend (lots of parties, lots of food/drinks, lots of down time) and I'm getting the house back in order after a year of having no time to organize or clean.  

I need about 3-4 days here at home and then I'll be ready for play dates and dinners out.  I've really missed being around my kids and having them be the focus of my day.  I included a picture of one of the kid's rooms just to show you how much work I have ahead of me in the next few days ... lol.  I think I'll rent a dumpster.

I'll be moving into my new real estate office in the next couple of weeks ... and probably looking for a summer babysitter/nanny.  But ... for the next few weeks, I'm just a stay-at-home mom again ... the best job in the world.  :)

If it ever quits raining, we'll head to the pool ... but, so far, we haven't seen the sun.  Today, the kids all got hair cuts.  Each kiddo requested a different salon ... so we went to four different spots for our cuts.  After that, it was raining off and on ... and they got soaked every time it poured ... then, I'd get the whole crew dry clothes ... then it would pour and they'd get soaked ... then I'd get them all dressed in dry clothes ... then it would pour ... repeat ... repeat.  I got a pic of them jumping on the trampoline in the rain ... they had a blast.  

We probably won't see BJ all summer ... I can already tell.  He finds someone to hang out with every day and goes from one place to another with just a phone call home letting me know where he'll be.  About 10 PM, he makes it home.  Middle school years ... here we come.  I guess these "out of the house adventures" could be caused by the fact that he's grounded from the play room TV and the computer right now.

On a more serious note ... I realized over the past month, that I was writing this blog mostly to my sister ... I loved sharing the daily blah, blah blog with her.  After my mom died, she became the person I could share all the mundane details about my kids with and she'd be thrilled to hear them.  When she quit using her computer last fall ... and I was working and busy ... the blog fell by the way side.  I think that part of my healing process is to continue the blog ... to find a new reason to write it.  I guess that even if no one ends up reading my blog, it's good therapy! :)  I'm only being to actually feel the pain of missing her.  It's been two months ... and so far, I've been numb.  I think that I'm afraid to let myself feel anything ... numb is easier.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I'm reading!

Wolfes Home said...

Hey, I'm reading, too! It's great to see you back at it! Congrats on the new job, hope you enjoy it more than your last. :)